6 Core Requirements for H1B Visa
Individual must possess a bachelor’s degree or higher. Work experience can also be considered – 12 years of work experience required (considers 3 years of work experience as one year of university level education)
2. Job must qualify as speciality occupation
The H1B job is considered as a speciality occupation if the job requires a bachelors degree or higher in a related field of study. Jobs in fields such as engineering, math, science, and other technology fields can qualify as speciality occupation. Whereas jobs in fields such as sales, marketing, real estate, psychology do not clearly qualify and often present challenges as H1B positions.
3. Degree must be directly related to the job
4. There must be H1B cap available for initial filing
5. Valid employer/employee relationship must exist
6. The salary must meet prevailing wage